Windows X (codenamed Phoenix) is the sixth major release of Windows NT, Microsoft's desktop and server operating system. Windows X was released on May 13, 2001 for a price of US$149.99, $10.00 more expensive than Mac OS X 10.0. It was the successor of the Windows 2000 and the predecessor of Windows XP.
- Command Prompt
- Outlook Express 6 — email client.
- Windows Address Book
- Microsoft Office X
- New programs:
- Portable Doc X
- Full preemptive multitasking support
- Luna - also available on Windows XP
- Built on Windows NT, a Microsoft operating system.
- MSN Search X — desktop and web search engine.
- Protected memory — memory protection so that if an application corrupts its memory, the memory of other applications will not be corrupted.
System requirements Edit
|Memory||64 MB||128 MB|
|Media||CD-ROM drive or compatible|
|Display||Super VGA (800 x 600)|
|Sound hardware||N/A||Sound card plus speakers/headphones|
|Input device(s)||Keyboard, mouse|